I am an experienced online marketing and analytics consultant, with a proven record of providing quality solutions to complex problems. I also have extensive experience in quality assurance, technical support, customer service, social media, software architecture and development, and management.
web analytics, SEO, social media, marketing, software development, software architecture, database design, management, training
Senior Product Manager at Adobe
August 2013 – present
Director, Product Operations at Search Discovery
October 2012 – July 2013
- Managed the overall product roadmap for Satellite, the world’s most advanced tag and data management system
- Managed the overall software development lifecycle, including daily standups with the engineering team, meetings with designers, and oversight of quality assurance
- Provided direction and oversight on all client support efforts for Satellite
- Facilitated ongoing relationships with professional services and integration partners
- Served as a point of escalation for key enterprise clients
Product Manager, Analytics at Sephora
March 2012 – October 2012
Managed all aspects of the digital analytics implementations across all of Sephora’s digital properties worldwide, including websites, social media, and mobile.
Product Manager, Technology Solutions Group at Keystone Solutions
October 2011 – February 2012 (5 months)
Managed the development and release of Keystone’s first-ever suite of web-based applications.
Senior Analytics Consultant at Stratigent, LLC
November 2009 – September 2011 (1 year 11 months)
- Designed and managed complex analytics implementations for key accounts.
- Designed custom integrations between analytics tools such as SiteCatalyst and third-party tools owned by clients, including proprietary client software and enterprise data warehouses.
- Created a data collection engine that polled various data sources (including the Adobe SiteCatalyst API) and stored the resulting data in order to automate a large portion of monthly reporting for key accounts, saving the company an estimated $50,000 or more yearly and freeing up consultants to provide insight on data rather than spending time to pull reports.
- Performed a complex implementation of SiteCatalyst on the Purina Pet Care family of websites using tools from our partner company, Ensighten (a project which later became the basis for Ensighten’s first and widely publicized case study).
- Worked directly with Ensighten developers during early implementations to identify and resolve defects or useful features/enhancements, in some cases writing code myself to address the issue.
- Managed several internal projects using Scrum methodology, including the implementation of a client-facing knowledge base and ticketing system (led daily meetings, assigned tasks to team members, collected client and internal feedback).
- Developed and delivered training to clients (both remotely and at the client’s location).
- Performed market research on dashboarding and reporting front-end tools as part of development of an internal dashboard product.
- Collaborated with business development team on acquiring several new significant clients/contracts for the company.
Analyst at Electronic Arts
September 2009 – November 2009 (3 months)
- Performed troubleshooting on issues pertaining to analytics implementation and reporting.
- Made recommendations and implemented best practices for new implementation initiatives and audited existing implementations.
Team Lead (Media) and Senior Implementation Consultant at Omniture, Inc.
May 2007 – September 2009 (2 years 5 months)
- Performed detailed analysis of marketing and other business requirements for large, high-profile client companies (e.g., Microsoft, NFL, Scholastic, HBO).
- Developed customized analytics solutions for client companies using Omniture’s SiteCatalyst and Discover products.
- Performed ongoing client support via telephone and e-mail.
- Delivered presentations and mentoring to members of the consulting group.
- Served as the consulting group’s subject matter expert for Omniture’s APIs and web services, and developed the first internally published demo of API functionality.
- Handled client escalations for other team members.
- Developed the first known integration between Twitter and Omniture SiteCatalyst which was presented at Omniture Summit and received a great deal of client interest.
Senior Architect / Director of Software Development at HowStuffWorks, Inc.
October 2004 – May 2007 (2 years 8 months)
- Served as primary developer on a number of web applications within the company’s network of sites.
- Delivered feasibility analyses and estimates for development time on each release based on business requirements.
- Developed engineering plans and architected new large-scale web applications from the ground up, including program flow and database schema.
- Assisted with product management for HowStuffWorks’ first article commenting system (internally called RCC, or Reader-Created Content), including development of features and interaction with usability testers.
- Served as subject matter expert for Omniture SiteCatalyst, including implementation and development of custom reports and dashboards.
- Served as a member of the company’s technology steering committee, which makes critical decisions affecting the entire company’s technology infrastructure.
- Supervised and mentored a team of developers.
Chief Technology Officer at Boldar Studios, LLC
March 2001 – January 2006 (4 years 11 months)
- Managed a new technology-oriented startup company (offerings included web hosting and custom application development).
- Determined company’s technology requirements and fulfilled them according to established budget.
- Developed software applications, primarily using open-source technologies such as Perl and PHP.
- Managed team of contracted developers (including some who were remote) to complete projects within established deadlines and specifications.
- Met with clients and provided customer service as needed.
- Maintained Linux servers, including managing user accounts and ensuring security.
Database Administrator at BellSouth
July 2004 – August 2004 (2 months)
- Managed users, roles, and permissions for Microsoft SQL Server.
- Created databases, views, triggers, and stored procedures.
- Created recurring data feeds between Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server using linked server functionality.
- Developed applications in VB/ASP (classic and .NET).
- Built ad hoc reports using data from Siebel and other internal applications.
QA Analyst at BellSouth
January 2004 – July 2004 (7 months)
- Wrote and executed test scripts and scenarios for all BellSouth applications, including Siebel.
- Built and managed several Microsoft Access and SQL databases.
- Built ad hoc reports and queries.
- Developed a new knowledge base application using Visual Basic and ASP which greatly improved helpdesk efficiency and reduced call volume.
Technical Support Representative at Internet Partners of America
2000 – 2001 (1 year)
Answered inbound calls from customers and resolved technical issues with their Internet connections (primarily dialup).
Senior Developer / Systems Administrator at The GrapeVine Network
1998 – 1999 (1 year)
- Developed custom web applications for clients.
- Provided technical support.
- Maintained servers and network systems.
skills & expertise
Adobe Certified Expert (Implementation)
Adobe, Inc. License N/A April 2011 to April 2012
Zend Certified Engineer (one of the first 1000)
Zend Technologies Ltd. License N/A October 2005
Idaho State University
Computer Software Engineering, 1995 – 1996
software development, multimedia, security, management, consulting, product management, business development, web analytics, SEO, DJing, travel, photography
companies i’ve worked with
The list includes:
Microsoft, National Football League, Scholastic, Turner Broadcasting, HBO, Electronic Arts, Warner Brothers, Intercontinental Hotel Group, Nestlé Purina